Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The summer in Guilin

I don't like summer. There are several reasons. It is very hot in Guilin during that period, I sweat frequently and set off an uncomfortable smell. It is easy to be found by the mosquitoes, they bite me and it makes me itchy. I am browned easily by the strong sunlight even though I used sunscreen cream. I still feel so hot while I turn on the electric fan.
I also like summer as I can taste many kinds of fresh fruits. This is a good opportunity to eat fruit which we can't eat in other seasons. Besides apples and pears, I can eat grapes, watermelons, passion fruit, longan, lichi, Chinese wampee fruit, and so on. When I think of them, I start drooling.
My father planted passion fruit and shaddock tree in our garden two year ago, we have a harvest every year. Now the passion fruit become ripe. I think It is more delicious than the ones are sold in market. In October we can eat the shaddocks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment